Plant Based Coaching/Cook
Are you wanting to start a plant based diet but not sure where to start? Let me help you. With a plant based diet you can feel better, loose weight and get on track to a healthier relationship with food. We will see where you can add these foods into your daily routine. Remember: It's not about lack it's just about changing your perspective.
New You Package
This incorporates your choice of 2 services in addition to 12 Tabata Style training sessions. Plus receive FREE "How To Start a Plant Based Diet" e-book
Personal Plant Based Cook
Are you looking for more energy, dropping some pounds or just wanting to experience what all the hoopla is about plant based eating? We can help and you might be surprised at how good it can taste! Freshly prepared meals in your home.
$50 per hour
Born and Raised in the outskirts of New Orleans there was always the love of food. Yet ever since I was 18 she had an unconscious fascination with health and wellness. In my early adult life it was all about working out seven days a week so that I could eat anything I wanted, then after the birth of my second daughter my husband bought a book that would open Pandora’s box. I have never been the same since. It was at this time in my life that I finally realized that what I was putting into my mouth was far more important that how many calories I was burning in the Jazzercise Classes that I was teaching. I embraced the ideal of being vegetarian, then vegan, then a raw foodist and finally to a plant based way of eating that is still a learning experience that I openly embrace. It has also led to a path of being environmentally conscious and becoming aware of the toxins and harmful chemicals that all of us come into contact with each and every day of our lives.
I worked in the health care industry for over 12 years. It was at that point I realized for the most part the health care industry was a business of sickness. Instead, I felt the industry should be taking a more radical approach to health care – preventing disease and illness in the first place. At this 12 year mark I was enjoying my maternity leave and decided never to return to the rat race of the corporate world. I was actually getting ready to be laid off, and so just decided to stay with my daughter instead of putting her in childcare.
I am highly informed on the subject of plant based eating. After over 17 years of studying the data from numerous doctors and others in the nutrition industry, and through my own experiences, I have come across some vital information to share with the public.
Let's Go Shopping
Unlike some ladies out there I don't live to go shopping for clothes, I absolutely love going shopping for food! But not just any food, REAL FOOD. There are a lot of potential dangers lurking in the isles of your local grocery store. If you are unsure of what you should be selecting as wholesome choices for you and your family let me tag along. Local Services Only
$50 per hour
Let's go through the pantry and cabinets to see what foods you have lurking around calling your name. We will look at ingredients on the food labels and discuss some of the worst culprits that are sabotaging your wellness goals. I know how difficult it can be to know what foods are right and what foods are wrong. I believe that by making just a few tweaks to your regular routine you can be on your way to being a better you.
$50 per hour
Let's Make A Meal
The recommended daily allowance (RDA) of vitamins and minerals is not being met by a large portion of the population. There are many reasons for this:
- Moms and dads are busy working and it takes too long to cook fresh meals, so families are eating a huge amount of refined foods which have been “fortified”. These foods have literally been stripped of nutrients and then the manufacturer adds man made nutrients back into the product.
- So because of this we are lacking the nutrients (vitamins and minerals) as well as anutrients ( such as fiber, enzymes, pigments, flavonoids) that are necessary for proper body functioning.
- Not only are we eating these refined foods at home but we are getting it from schools and restaurants as well.
- Our fruits and vegetables don’t taste as good as they used to. This is due to a lack of nutrients in the soil.
- It takes more fruits and vegetables to meet the required RDA due to the depletion of nutrients in our soil.
- Cooking food reduces nutrients even further. That’s why it is important to incorporate raw fruits and vegetables into the diet.
- Taste buds are also a current issue because we are so used to the synthetic flavors we are not able to appreciate the superb flavors of fresh foods.
- Modern medicine is continuing to medicate individuals which can also alter taste buds. This is not correcting disease but just creating other imbalances which leads to more medication.
- Eat more raw vegetables and fruits
- Buy organic when possible it contains more nutrients then non organic when purchased through the store. I strongly recommend Costco they have a huge selection of organic foods and much lower prices than the organic and regular grocery stores.
- Buy fresh produce from local farmers (they are ripe when the produce is picked as opposed to having to be picked unripe in order to travel across the country or continent)
- Educate yourself on the benefits of juicing, fasting, and eating a diet high in vegetables and fruits.
This site does not diagnose disease, nor does it offer medical advice. The author of this site does not recommend that anyone use diet as a form of treatment for sickness without the approval of a health professional. It is your constitutional right to make your own decisions on the treatment of illness. Neither the author nor the publisher assumes responsibility for any ill effects resulting from the use of the information contained in this site.